Wednesday, February 20, 2008

his&hers.

Right before christmas my friend Andrea and I went to this ceramic painting studio we wanted to try out for ages. The price of the mug, plate, etc. you choose includes all the materials you are going to use, the final glaze and burning in the kiln.
I wanted to keep it pretty neutral in black and white and brought some stamps with me as I was curious how it would turn out.
Stamping on ceramics...not as easy as I thought. The glaze isn't really smooth and kept clogging the small parts of the stamps. I had to wash it off a million times. Andrea finished painting her mugs top to bottom in every color of the rainbow while I was still busy stamping two short words... But it was so much fun!

his&hers. Our names are a bit uneven, but it adds to the charm (hey, I have to say that!)...

i heart coffee. I had to mount my stamp (a tattoo stamp - as in "temporary tattoo you stamp on you skin" - I bought ages ago...why, you ask? No idea...I can't really imagine stamping myself with roses or hearts...or anything else for that matter...) on a painters brush with double sided tape to reach the bottom.

The names are a bit wonky, but overall I like how they turned out. ...and they hold huuuuge amounts of coffee!

5 comments:

lisa s said...

those came out great!

Amy said...

They are adorable!

Anke said...

Thanks Lisa and Amy...sweet as always! :)

Holly Goes... said...

Hi Anke...I love those mugs. Very cute idea.

I dont know if you remember me..i used to be over at livejournal AGES ago...

Anyway i have been looking at your flickr account for a while and finally actually made it to your blog. Hope you can visit mine some time.

Glad to have found you again. :)

Anke said...

Hi - again - Holly! Of course I remember you, you were one of the first people I met on livejournal. I'm happy to see you again and will surely drop by your blogger-blog and flickr...see ya! :)

Followers