Thursday, August 21, 2008

Close.

I managed to get the washing machine to pump again following an online manual. The gurgling sound was the best thing I've heard in a long time. (I wish I had read the manual before opening the emergency water thingy though...)

A while ago I wanted to show you something I made but couldn't find the charger for my camera (it was exactly where it's supposed to be...in the drawer of my desk. I just never supposed I put it back there...and never checked...) so here they are now.
patchwork balls

Two patchwork balls for two new babies (I figure the moms are too busy right now to read my blog so this post won't spoil the surprise). They are completely hand sewn and have a little bell inside. I wanted to make one of these for a long time, but never knew how. If you want to make your own, I found this great and detailed tutorial in English and German.

4 comments:

lisa s said...

OH MY GOD those are so lovely anke... those mommys and babies are lucky!!!

so glad the washing machine is back to work!
xo

Anke said...

Thanks Lisa! :)

Anna C. K. said...

Anna says: "I want one, too! I have two balls already, one from Commerzbank, one with Winnie the Pooh, both very uncool. I'll be good until Christmas!"

Anke said...

Congratulations, Anna - fantastic language skills for a 15 months old baby girl. I think you deserve a ball! :)

Followers