Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Everyday beauty.

If you are a regular reader of this blog you know that I am a woman of many wishes. Luckily sharing things with you that I adore helps a lot with the "I need need need this!"-feeling. I do hope it will work again this time.
My husband (who is the sweetest man but usually doesn't care if things are pretty if they are practical) alerted me to the fact that we don't really have "good" china. The kind you put on the table when you mother-in-law drops in for tea. I started to collect the "Enjoy" tableware by rice Denmark which unfortunately is not made anymore. (Meaning I have pretty plates but no cups.)
Now I've found the china of my dreams but would probably tremble with fear of breaking it whenever I do the dishes. Behold..."Black Fluted Mega" ...

frglerjuiogrut

...and the newly lauched colorful "Elements" series...

ghlruortototu

...both by Royal Copenhagen.

You have to check out the whole range to see how truely beautiful this china is. The design is a modern take on a classic Royal Copenhagen pattern and painted by hand...if I start collecting now I might have a whole set when I'm about...wait...uhm...93.

(photos by Royal Copenhagen)

3 comments:

Mona said...

I had to laugh at this post and then I thought that it would be nice of me to share where I bought a huge set of CHINA FOR 25.OO. I shopped online at shopgoodwill.com and I got some pretty sets used but in great condition

Yoli said...

I covet them!

Anke said...

Mona - I'll take a look...who knows...I might get lucky. :)
yoli...so do I...more and more each time I look at them...(insert huge sigh here)

Followers