Thursday, August 14, 2008

I was kidnapped.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I was kidnapped...to Sweden. My husband was under the impression that he would spend a 'male bonding' week with his best friend. When he arrived at his friends house, his friend was totally surprised that I wasn't in the car...he always assumed all three of us would go together...but he never explicitly said so... I had just spread out my sewing supplies and was preparing something for a party I was invited to that evening when the phone rang: "What's that nonsense about you not coming? Pack your bag, we'll pick you up in 10 minutes!" I was looking forward to spend a week on my own, but I do love Sweden... Needless to say I packed my bag in record time (and I didn't even forget anything!), apologized to the friends that were throwing the party and even managed to email a translating job in time before departure.
Oh - the only thing I did forget was my camera, so if you are interested what our friends house looks like, you can see some older pictures in my Sweden photo set on flickr. They recently renovated the house...it was actually more charming two years ago...

As for souvenirs...
Swedish and Danish magazines!!!
Since we took a ferry to Gedser/Denmark and than drove to Torne/Sweden, I was able to buy not only Swedish magazines, but Danish ones as well! (I went a little overboard I'm afraid...)

And just because...this was not a souvenir, but I just liked my little pitcher so much, I had to take a picture.
just because...

Sweden is just so very beautiful, Torne is a very small town right next to a beautiful huge lake. The little house looks like right out of an Astrid Lindgren book. No internet, no tv...just peace an quiet. And many many tiny frogs, almost too cute to bear.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

oh i love sweden. i'd love to see the countryside. lucky you!

lisa s said...

i'm so jealous that you can just pop over to sweden.... sigh

Freshly Found said...

What a great surprise! Lucky girl! Sweden is still one of those countries I have not visited yet!

Anke said...

If you ever get the chance - you all really, really have to go. I haven't been to the capital Stockholm yet, but it's supposed to be one of the most beatiful cities in the world.

Followers