Monday, January 12, 2009

First monkey in 2009.

It's been a while since I was comissioned to make a sock monkey. I enjoyed making this one a lot, especially since I was doing the "hard work" (stuffing, hand sewing the tail and attaching the limbs) when I had coffee with friends who were also working on projects. Fräulein Herz, Fröken Skicklig and I try to meet every Friday in a café in our neighbourhood. We chat, we sew, crochet, knit...we forget the time.

monkey for Georges

monkey for Georges

Most of all - we have fun, laugh a lot and enjoy each others company. I wouldn't want to miss these Friday afternoons for the world. (And who would keep me informed about European royalty, gossip and new sources for crafting supplies?)

5 comments:

Fröken Skicklig said...

Soon it is friday... Ich freue mich!

Yoli said...

Oh I so want one!!!

Anke said...

Yoli - I'm currently working on new monkeys...keep watching this space! :)

bandelle said...

This is the cutest monkey ever!!!

Kylie

Anke said...

Thanks Kylie...but I'm not going to tell him you said so - he is already very full of himself. ;)

Followers