Friday, December 11, 2009

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas.

Christmas and christmas decor especially is always a big deal for me. If it was up to me, I would start decorating in early October. However, I try to wait until the first Sunday of Advent - and then the fun begins.
I like to make at least one new ornament every year (it is usually more...) and as a little present to you, I added the links to the tutorials for the things I made this year.

deer head
The deer head - I used black and white wrapping paper to match our interior so this fellow might stick around a little longer than just until the end of the holidays. You can find the tutorial here (I enlarged mine by 141%).

advent calendar
I made 24 drawstring bags in different sizes and steciled on the numbers. Boy, I almost cried when I was finally done! My husband gets to open the odd numbered ones, the even numbers are mine. Hurray!

Liberty fabric balls/baubles
These were supposed to hang on our non existent christmas tree and I will add loops to them at some point. I used Liberty fabric scraps (you can never have too much Liberty fabric around the house!) which worked perfectly because it's so thin. Make your own - here is how it is done.

Fröbel star
I made the Fröbel star last christmas and bought the little snowman last year around the same time in Copenhagen (oh, Copenhagen, how I love you).

crocheted chrismas bauble
The star anise scents the room a little without being too overpowering. I have to admit I hate the artificially scented cheap christmas potpourris they use in shops around the holidays. Somehow they make my throat itch and I usually flee when it gets too much. I have no tutorial on offer for the crocheted bauble, but you basically crochet around a small styrofoam ball and in about 10 minutes you are done.

spice rack
This is our spice rack (Can you spot me? I'm actually in this picture...tiny, tiny...). I attached baubles to all kinds of things and in uncommon places (like the rod of our shower curtain) all around the house so you can have a merry little christmas...everywhere.

Well, this is it. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season just as much as I do!

2 comments:

:::fräulein herz said...

Ich liebe Deine Weihnachtsdeko.... So wunderschön!!!

Und toll fotografiert!

Anke said...

Dankeschön! Du kennst sie ja auch schon "live"... :)

Followers